Monday, January 7, 2013

5 GREAT movie quotes


Our family went to see Les Miserables on Christmas Day, and I can't tell you how often since then I hear tunes or lines from that movie playing in my head. It was beautiful, uplifting, moving... fabulous!

It also got me thinking how often my children love to quote movies, and how many lines from movies stay in my memory bank forever.

So here, in no particular order, are five great movie quotes that I love. For obvious reasons, I begin with Les Mis:

"To love another person 
is to see the face of God" 
~Les Miserables

I could not find a video clip large enough to load here, but check out this link on YouTube to the Finale, including that beautiful line.


----------------------------------------------------------------

I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, 
"and so do all who live to see such times. 
But that is not for them to decide. 
All we have to decide is 
what to do with the time that is given us.” 
~The Fellowship of the Ring



-------------------------------------------------------

"When I'm with her I'm confused
Out of focus and bemused
And I never know exactly where I am
Unpredictable as weather
She's as flighty as a feather
She's a darling! She's a demon! She's a lamb!"
~'How do you solve a problem like Maria,'
Sound of Music


-----------------------------------------------------


“Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words--Wait and hope.” 
~ the Count of Monte Cristo


-----------------------------------------------------------------------

And since, technically, it's still Christmas:

"I just like to smile! 
Smiling's my favorite." 
~Buddy in Elf

2 comments:

  1. I wholeheartedly agree with all of your choices. And did I ever love Les Mis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll wake up with Les Mis in my head, Fran! Wasn't it well done? Reminded me of the old style musicals, like Sound of Music. I'm glad you enjoyed my choices :-)

    ReplyDelete